Thursday, August 12, 2004

What, exactly, is a moonbat?

Opinion Duel has another great duel up, this time about the Bush administrations handling of homeland security.

Which brings me to my point. Why don't the barking moonbats of the "anybody but Bush" crowd see how ineffective, if not counter-productive, their contribution to the public discourse is? The reasonable objections of Michael Crowley have me once again considering my alternatives to Bush. Compare this to the idiocy of Fahrenheit 9/11, the success of which only leaves me thinking that the left has nothing useful to add.

One last thought. If the Liberals are the smart ones, how come they didn't learn anything from the anti-Clinton hysteria of the right in the '90s? Can we say, second term, anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Davidson said...

Michael Moore = Rush Limbaugh. Blowhards preaching to the converted.

And why are Liberals called 'the smart ones?' To my mind, it has always been the Conservatives who parade their intellect more than the Liberals. I've always thought of Conservatives as the upper-middle class folks who are so sure about what they are thinking they can tell everyone else what to do.

Oh, the liberals have a few professors and movie stars who stick their head up, but the vast majority of Liberals to me has always been the more downtrodden, looking for a handout (to give or receive) mass. While this leads to a history of arguably arrogant policy making, I've always thought C's were the ones who acted arrogant.

It's a shame C's are catching up on the arrogant policies.

4:51 PM  
Blogger User said...

Conservatives parade their intellect more? Are we in bizzaro world?

What about how brilliant Clinton was? Or how stupid Reagan was? Or how nuanced Kerry is? Or how Bush is a chimp?

Surely, you must be joking.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Davidson said...

I understand their are plenty of liberal intellectual snobs, but that is not my point. I've always viewed Conservatives as the more intellectual, effete snobs. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but to my mind the class of people who would be landed gentry or aristocracy--if our country had such--are those who have traditionally led the Conservatives.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home