Saturday, July 31, 2004

I'm back

I'm back from Cozumel. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Really.

Let's start with the worst.

I've got swimmer's ear in my right ear this time (I'm convinced that what I had before was also swimmer's ear and not a middle ear infection). It's not quite as bad this time and I know better now how to handle it, but I'm getting pretty tired of being in pain all the time.

Beyond that, Emily and I had a bit of a tiff over vacation. It was pretty bad, probably the worst we've had, but (as usual) we're better off now than before having gotten through it. Still, there were a couple shitty days of it.

And let us not forget the obligatory sunburn on the first day.

But when things weren't bad, it was a blast.

Scuba diving in Cozumel was amazing. We saw a couple nurse sharks, crabs, baracuda, a starfish, beautifully colored coral and lots of clear, blue water. I highly recommend scuba-ing if you ever get the chance. But make sure you use ear drops afterwards.

Also, we had some good food at an Italian restaurant called Guido's on the main strip; we drove the moped we rented around the island a whole bunch (I ran over the only crab I saw in the road (on accident)); and had a lot of fun swimming in the hotel pool (biggest one on the island!).

Anyway, that's all for now. There's some stuff we're trying to do around the house that I want to get back to. The housewarming and engagment part is next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home