Sunday, July 18, 2004

Going home again

Most of my place is packed now, with the exception of the kitchen, which is a total mess.  We've both made a couple trips over to the new place with odds and ends that aren't worth packing.
 
Well, Emily has made like 4 trips and I'm starting to wonder how well she understand the concept of movers.
 
I'm glad to be getting rid of a bunch of crap.  I've got stuff that's been sitting around in boxes since I moved into my current place.  If I haven't used it in a year, do I really need it?  Some of it, however, I would have used if I would have ever unpacked it (like kitchen utensils).  Partly I didn't do so because I'm lazy, but part of it is, this place never really felt like home.  And I knew it wouldn't.
 
But the new place does, despite the fact that Emily and I haven't even spent the night there yet.  Hell, I've only spent a couple hours in the place, en toto.
 
I have no idea what the next year will bring for us, but tomorrow, I'll be going home for the first time in a long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home