Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Marriage

I was a shitty husband.

Not the really shitty kind, of course. I never raised a hand to her. I was not deliberatly and knowingly malicous. But there's so much more to it than that.

I was at times neglectful. Calculating. Cold. Unresponsive. Petty.

I am very sorry for that now.

When I think about it these days, I'm inclined towards the belief that we shouldn't have gotten married at all - we simply weren't right for each other. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my marriage. I have a lot of good memories and learned a lot from it. I like to think that we are still friends. But while I loved her to the best of my meager and pathetic abilities at the time, it wasn't really enough.

It's unfortunate that I never would have learned some valuable lessons but for the hard way.

Anyway, I just want to say to her, I'm sorry. And thank you.

For what it's worth, I'm doing my best not to make the same mistakes again. I could not have done it without you.

1 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

Wow, I feel like I could have written these same words of myself. I've have posted similar thoughts over the months in my words. But simply, it was the wrong marriage, wrong time. And yet, still no regrets.

Anyway, I think that your stepping up to own some of this stuff says a lot about who you are now. If nothing else, hopefully together we learned how to do it right next time. With some laughs along the way.

And for what its worth, I truly do hope things go better this time, for the sake of your happiness and Emily's. I will always wish for nothing but the best for you.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home