Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Coli

A very old friend of mine got in touch with me very recently through Classmates.com. I can't say exactly when I met him - I've never been good with quantifying the passage of time - but I was probably 5-8 years old. Our families both went to the First Baptist Church of Palatine.

I lost touch with him when I moved to Indiana from Illinois with my mother after my parents' divorce. That would have been about 15 years ago. As I told him in one of our e-mail exchanges, I've thought about him several times over the years and wondered how he is doing.

I remember him very fondly, too. He was one of those genuinely good-natured people you have the pleasure of meeting maybe a handful of times in your whole life.

Anyway, I'm very excited about the prospect of remaking a friend. Maybe we'll have nothing in common and after a few more e-mails we'll never speak again. But maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home