Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Dallas Evening News

I'm in Dallas visiting family for a couple days while I'm not working, so posting will be spotty for a bit.

HA! (In case you missed it, that was funny because posting is always spotty.)

Anyway, Jeffrey, Steve (my step-father), and I played Texas Hold'em tonight in a city-wide league they've got here. I finished 16th out of 60 some players, which is better than either of my compatriots and the highest you can finish and still get points for league standing. Because I probably won't be playing much in the Dallas league, I just told them I was Jeff. :)

Even better than that, I acquired a job on the drive up here. I'll be working with Ryan, my best friend from college, at Hire.com. Oddly, I'm really not sure what I'll be doing or how long the gig is for. However, Ryan and I have been trying (and failing) to work together for the last 5 years - since we were graduated from Purdue and both came to Austin - so I'm pretty psyched about it all. (Note to self - call HireStarter and Momentum.)

In other events, I recently posted a comment at someone else's blog (whom I know, but not terribly well) and the experience left me quite unsettled. The post of his I commented on was about politics and it's safe to say that I was a lone voice of dissent. It was one of those "let's figure out how to hold off a nervous breakdown after that idiot Bush and the Republicans conned 60M people into voting for him" threads. Between that and the similar mind set I see in many of my friends, I'm feelling like I'll write a separate post about it all. I'm tentatively titling it, 'Grow Up, You Whiny Little Shits.'

Is that to harsh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home