Sunday, October 31, 2004

Weekend Update

Emliy and I saw Team America again today. It was sweet. I think this is the first time I've seen the same film twice in the theaters. I'm going to buy the DVD when it comes out, which will make it number 3 or 4 in my collection. Everyone should have to see this movie.

We also managed to take in a show of a more cultured nature this weekend. Yesterday evening, we saw Omnium-Gatherum at the Zachery Scott Theater. It was enjoyable, but I still don't understand why they were in Hell. This sort of thing is usually lost on me but Emily can't seem to make heads or tails of it either (which makes me feel a little better).

In other news, our soccer game yesterday ended in a tie (1-1). Emily had several shots on goal, but none of them ever worked out. This is most unfortunately since women's goals count for two points.

I didn't have any shots on goal, but I think this had more to do with playing right fullback (this is a defensive position that doesn't often give me reason to be past the half-way point of the field) than any imcompetence on my part. On the other hand, I did have a very nice run up part of the field past 2 different defenders before passing the ball to a teammate with a well place kick. It was quite exciting as it showed considerably more skill than I actually posses. I'm still not sure what happened. Oddly, I managed to do it one more time shortly thereafter when the goalee threw me the ball. My first thought when I realized he was do so was, "Shit. He probably wants me to do that again." I think I'm turning out to be pretty good at this (for a newbie).

The low point of the game had to be needing to take a crap at the park in the middle of the game. I'm not a big fan of public toilets, but my stomach was being very insistent. At least the game wasn't at Zilker Park where they have port-a-potties and not an actual building with bathrooms in it.

If you're wondering why I didn't report on a soccer game last weekend, it's because it was rained out. Emily and I pulled up to Zilker right at 8am (right when the game is scheduled to start) to find no one there and puddles on the field. Quite unfortunate as we were out on the town late the previous night.

That is all for now. Don't forget to vote! (Unless you are uninformed on the candidates and their stances on the issues of the day, in which case, please stay home. You're fucking it up for the rest of us.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home